12.19.2009

Christmas in Dixie

Christmas is one of my favorite times of year.  I love the music, the lights, the shopping, the decor.  It just gives my heart joy.  I enjoy the anticipation of Christmas morning & unwrapping all of those curious gifts that have been sitting untouched under the tree.  I love creating traditions with Jake & spending time with our families.  It's just a joyful time of year for me.  One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is decorations.  Just wanted to share a little of our holiday decor for our first Christmas in our new home.


Christmas tree all lit up


aerial view of den decorations


stockings up close


cozy kitchen peeks into the den


Christmas trees that I painted


door decor

This year has been a bit different for us than years past.  We haven't bought tons of gifts.  Instead, we're focusing on the true meaning of the season, the birth of our Savior Jesus.  He has richly blessed us this year.  We both have fantastic jobs.  We were able to buy our first home & make some changes in it to suit our style.  We have two amazing families who are supportive & loving.  Instead of getting caught up in the busyness & bustle of the season, we are tuning in to what matters most....our families, our friends & our Savior.  And that is our hope & wish for you this Christmas season, too.  Remember the true meaning.  We wish you a very Merry Christmas & a New Year full of blessings!

Warmest blessings,
Jake, Stephanie, & Lucy


No comments:

Post a Comment